KEY PROVISIONS OF THIS POLICY
The following key points are for your reading convenience and do not substitute the full Policy below.
- To use the Service, you must register. If you purchase a premium subscription, you will be required to provide payment details.
- We will collect and process your data only for the purposes listed in this Policy. We will not process your information for other purposes without obtaining your prior consent.
- We will not share your information with third parties except as detailed in this Policy.
- We retain your personal information for as long as we deem necessary or as otherwise required by law. Once it is no longer necessary, we will destroy any personal information in our custody or control.
- We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information and unauthorized access or use of information, but do not guarantee that the Service will be immune to all information security risks.
- You have the right to request us to disclose the personal information we collected about you, or to request that we rectify or delete your personal information if it is incorrect, incomplete, unclear, or outdated. To exercise those right, please contact us at [add contact information for data subjects’ requests].
- We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from minors under the age of 13.
- We may, from time to time, change this Policy. Your continued use of the Service indicates your consent to the new policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Actively Provide
- Profile Information. To use the Service, you must register. Upon registration, we will collect your mobile phone number, full name, birth date, gender, the state you’re from, and your level of education. Once registration is complete, you may edit your profile, and add a profile picture and a short bio. Some of the information you provide, such as your bio and home state, will be publicly available to other users. Please use caution when deciding which personal information you share on the Service. To learn which sections of your profile will be public, please review your profile edit page.
- Preferences Information. When you participate in video chats with other users, we allow you to star users you enjoy talking to, and block users you wish to not talk to again. If you choose to star or block a user, we will collect this information to exercise your preferences.
- Payment Information. Use of our Service is available for free. However, if you wish to unlock additional features of the Service, you may subscribe with a premium subscription. If you subscribe to our premium subscription, we will collect your payment details. These can be either your credit card details, your PayPal account or your Apple Pay or Google Pay account.
- Reports. When you report other users for inappropriate behavior, we will collect your report details. We may subsequently contact you to receive further information regarding the report.
- Video Chats Recordings. If you report another user, or another user reports you, we may record the last seconds of your video chat conversation with that user.
- Inquiry Information. If you choose to contact us through the contact form or by email, we will collect your contact details and the contents of your inquiry. You do not have a legal obligation to provide us with your personal information. However, if you choose to not share this information with us, we may not be able to provide you with our Service or some of its features, adapt your user experience to your preferences, handle your reports, or respond to your inquiries.
Information We Automatically Collect
- Analytics. When you use the Service, we record and collect certain information about your interaction with the Service, including the IP address from which you access the Service, time and date of access, language used, links clicked, and actions taken while using the Service.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will collect, process, store and use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our Service;
- To display your public Profile Information to the users participating in a video chat with you;
- To process your payment for the premium subscription, if you purchased it;
- To understand and realize your preferences regarding other users;
- To inquire into and handle reports;
- To handle your inquiries and contact you when necessary;
- To send you, from time to time, marketing and promotional content and other messages and updates regarding our Service;
- For the analysis, monitoring and transfer of statistical information to third parties. This information will not identify you directly;
- For the ongoing operation, administration, enhancement and further development of our Service, and development of new features and services;
- To comply with legal requirements;
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We will not share your information with third parties without your consent, except in the following events:
- We will share your Profile Information with other users who participate in the same video chat with you, as detailed in your profile edit page.
- We will share your personal information with our service providers who assist us with the internal operations of our Service. Some of this information is statistical and does not identify you directly. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide their services to us and not for their own promotional purposes;
- If you have abused your right to use the Service or violated any applicable law, or if a legal dispute has arisen between Pastime and you, we will share information with competent authorities and with other third parties (such as legal counsels and advisors);
- We will share your information if we are required to do so by a judicial, governmental or regulatory authority;
- If the operation of our organization is organized within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity, we will share information only as required to enable the structural change in the operation of the organization.
The third parties whom we share information with may be located outside of your jurisdiction. If we transfer your personal data for processing at locations outside your jurisdiction, we will abide by data transfer rules applicable to these situations.
RETENTION AND SECURITY
We retain your personal information for as long as we deem necessary for the purposes listed above, or as otherwise required by law. We may, at any time and in our discretion, anonymize, pseudonymize or delete the information.
We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information and unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures do not provide absolute information security. Therefore, although efforts are made to secure personal information, it is not guaranteed, and you cannot expect that the Website will be immune from information security risks.
- Right to Access Information. You have the right to request us to disclose all the personal information we collected about you.
- Right to Request Rectification or Deletion. If, upon review of your personal information that we collected, you find the information (or some of it) to be incorrect, incomplete, unclear, or outdated, you may request that we rectify or delete it. If we cannot go through with your request, we will inform you of that in the manner set forth by law.
If you wish to exercise your rights, you (or anyone legally authorized to act on your behalf) may submit a request to us at: [add contact information for data subjects’ requests]
Our Service is not intended for minors under the age of 13. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from minors under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through the Service, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may, from time to time and in our sole discretion, change this Policy. If we do so, we will make efforts to proactively notify you of such changes. Your continued use of the Service after the effective date of the amended policy, constitutes your consent to the amended policy. The latest version of the Policy will always be accessible on the Service.
For any questions or inquiries, you may contact us by submitting a contact form or by emailing us at.
Last Update: April 2022